1) If FEI approved safety cups are not available for oxers in the schooling area at a competition, what may be used instead?
a. Oxers may not be set without the correct safety cups
b. Flat cups
c. Standard cups
d. Cups with breakable pins
2) What type of bandage would be used to stabilize the knee or hock following an injury?
a. Figure 8 Bandage
b. Shipping Bandage
c. Stable Bandage
d. No-Bow Wrap
3) What is a normal temperature range in degrees Fahrenheit for a horse?
a. 96 – 97
c. 99 – 101
b. 97 – 99
d. 100 – 102
4) What type of wound is a tear with jagged edges that may require stitches?
5) Which of the following is a sign that a horse may be colicing?
b. Kicking or biting at the belly
c. Pale gums
d. All of the above
6) Joint injections are commonly used to:
a. Reduce inflammation in the joint
b. Permanently replace the synovial fluid
c. Repair cartilage
d. Flush the joint following injury
7) Which number in the above diagram corresponds to the navicular bone?
8) During collection, a horse’s balance shifts which direction?
a. To the rear
b. To the forehand
c. To the outside of the bend
d. To the inside foreleg
9) At what distance should a trot-in one-stride be set in a gymnastic for a horse?
a. 14 feet
b. 18 feet
c. 22 feet
d. 26 feet
10) True or False – Square oxers are allowed in the hunters.